Support the biggest fundraising event for homelessness in Winchester!
Trinity Winchester is once again hosting the Big Sleep Out to raise money for their work with homeless and other vulnerable people. Join them on Friday 17th May 2019 for an eye-opening night taking on the challenge of sleeping outside in the grounds of the Winchester Cathedral.
The evening consists of fundraising, entertainment, building cardboard shelters and enjoying delicious food from local vendors. But from 10pm the challenge is to get some sleep away from any home comforts. Every penny raised in sponsorship will go back into Trinity’s services, offering long-term, positive change, getting people out of homelessness and ready to move onto independent living and into employment.
This event is not an experience of being homeless. We cannot imagine the realities of sleeping rough every night. We will return to the comfort of our homes the following morning, which is not an option for thousands of people. This event is an interesting way to raise vital funds, whilst having a challenging night.
- Venue: Winchester Cathedral
- Time: 19:00 Friday 17th May – 07:00 Saturday 18th May
- Cost: £12 to sleep out / £55 for groups – including a bacon/egg bap next the morning
- Fundraising: £100 sponsorship target
- Children are welcome, recommended age 7+. Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult at all times