Lou was married for over 20 years, but lived in fear every day because of the abuse of her husband. In 2013, Lou made the brave decision to leave; she packed as much as she could and fled. After an abusive threat from her ex-husband, she went to the police to report him. It was here that Lou first heard about Trinity Women’s Services, and the support available for victims of domestic abuse. (more…)
On Wednesday 26th April 2017, Tillison Consulting, a Waterlooville-based digital marketing agency and Town or Country, a business providing serviced Southampton accommodation, hosted a curry business event and raised £176 for Trinity Winchester. (more…)
Thanks to everybody who joined us for the Big Sleep Out on Friday 5th May in the grounds of Winchester Cathedral. To all who slept out, visited for the evening, sponsored participants or helped run the event – thank you for making it! We are still counting up the money raised and will release a figure soon, for now take a look back at the photos taken and re-live the night spent under the stars! (more…)
- Jez Clark, breakfast presenter on The Breeze Radio Station is hosting the whole evening, bringing his energy and wit to the main stage. His role will be to welcome all our guests, introduce the performers, and maybe even live stream to the radio
- Call Me Al, Sasha Lauren and The Mighty Hump bring a range of musical styles from the main stage
- Hursley High Class Butcher, Solstice Pizza Co., and First Bite will have a range of catering options
- Juggling Jake will be on hand to teach circus skills
- Lucy McGloughlin, Live Event Artist, will be capturing the evening through her incredible quick paintings
- Local charities and community groups will be inside the Cathedral talking about their work
- Hear directly from some of Trinity’s clients to find out where all of the money raised will be going
- 10pm – Lights Out! All guests who are not registered to sleep out must make their way out of the Inner Close, as the challenge of sleeping outside begins
- Dave Dodge Photography will be around throughout the evening. If you would prefer not to have your picture taken, please put a hand up when you see Dave. (All images may be used in future publicity for the event)
Click Here Here to View the Event Layout
Click Here to View the Event Timings
We need a bit of help to publicise Trinity, and helping with our fundraising. Most of these opportunities are suitable for people who haven’t volunteered with us before, so please take a look and get in touch if you are interested!
- Saturday 11th March – Winchester High St. We will be giving out flyers and information about our biggest fundraising event of the year, the Big Sleep Out, in St Maurice Covert (the area in between Debenhams and Greggs the bakers), between 10am – 4pm. We need people to give 2-3 hours during the day.
- Saturday 8th April – Sainsbury’s Badger Farm. We have been offered space in the entrance of the store to collect spare change from shoppers. These events can raise between £500 – £800 in a single day, which makes a huge difference to Trinity’s services. If you can help for just 2 hours during the day, we would be very grateful.
- Friday 5th – Saturday 6th May Winchester Cathedral – Could you help at the Sleep Out itself? We need marshalls, welcome team, food team, help setting up and packing down. Just let me know the hours you are free, and I’ll keep you busy!
- Ad Hoc – Evenings. We are being invited to more groups of Scouts, Cubs and Brownies. If you have experience with young people and would be interested in helping to lead discussion and activities about homelessness, please let me know. The next date booked is Friday 25th March.
- Sunday 28th May – Old Sarum. We have limited places for people to have the incredible experience of Skydiving from 10,000 feet! The cost is just £50, with a fundraising target of £395 – please do spread the word that we have this booked, or let me know if you’re interested in the jump! More info: http://www.goskydive.com/
Please speak to Lucy Tennant – email@example.com / 01962 828636 for more information, or to arrange your volunteering slot.
Local homelessness charity, Trinity Winchester, put out a call for volunteer chefs to cover their regular cook’s holiday, and have been inundated with support from generous local companies.
Teams from Winchester City Council, Enterprise Car Hire, Amey Construction, Fat Face, First Bite, the University of Winchester, Holiday Inn and Osborne Construction all dedicated a day’s volunteering to help homeless people. (more…)