Trinity Winchester has been awarded The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service.
This award was created by The Queen in 2002 to celebrate the anniversary of the Queen’s coronation, recognising excellence in voluntary activities carried out by groups in the community. It is the MBE for volunteer groups.
The work your group does for the community was very much admired by the independent Assessment Committee, chaired by Sir Martyn Lewis CBE and I am delighted to inform you that your group has been selected as a recipient for The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service (QAVS) 2018.
The award of The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service 2018 represents a tremendous achievement for your organisation. We hope that everyone involved, and particularly your volunteers, feel immensely proud of the recognition that this Award represents.
We are extremely proud to receive this award in recognition of the positive work our volunteers accomplish everyday. Trinity’s work could not continue without the support of over 70 volunteers who support the drop in centre, women’s service, fundraising and admin, plus all of our trustees and advocates.
Thank you all for your support.
On Friday 30th June a number of different businesses from across the City spent the day at Trinity Winchester, tidying up the garden and helping to prepare the lunch for the clients. (more…)
We need a bit of help to publicise Trinity, and helping with our fundraising. Most of these opportunities are suitable for people who haven’t volunteered with us before, so please take a look and get in touch if you are interested!
- Saturday 11th March – Winchester High St. We will be giving out flyers and information about our biggest fundraising event of the year, the Big Sleep Out, in St Maurice Covert (the area in between Debenhams and Greggs the bakers), between 10am – 4pm. We need people to give 2-3 hours during the day.
- Saturday 8th April – Sainsbury’s Badger Farm. We have been offered space in the entrance of the store to collect spare change from shoppers. These events can raise between £500 – £800 in a single day, which makes a huge difference to Trinity’s services. If you can help for just 2 hours during the day, we would be very grateful.
- Friday 5th – Saturday 6th May Winchester Cathedral – Could you help at the Sleep Out itself? We need marshalls, welcome team, food team, help setting up and packing down. Just let me know the hours you are free, and I’ll keep you busy!
- Ad Hoc – Evenings. We are being invited to more groups of Scouts, Cubs and Brownies. If you have experience with young people and would be interested in helping to lead discussion and activities about homelessness, please let me know. The next date booked is Friday 25th March.
- Sunday 28th May – Old Sarum. We have limited places for people to have the incredible experience of Skydiving from 10,000 feet! The cost is just £50, with a fundraising target of £395 – please do spread the word that we have this booked, or let me know if you’re interested in the jump! More info: http://www.goskydive.com/trinity-winchester/.
Please speak to Lucy Tennant – email@example.com / 01962 828636 for more information, or to arrange your volunteering slot.
New Volunteers Sessions are a great opportunity to meet the management team, learn more about Trinity Winchester and the volunteering opportunities currently available. They take place on the second Wednesday of alternate months, meeting at 2pm.
To express interest in attending these events, please contact us at least two days before the event. It would help if you could complete and bring with you a completed Application Form.
New Volunteers’ Sessions 2018
- 10th January
- 7th March
- 2nd May
- 11th July
- 12th September
- 7th November