Volunteer Your Time
There are countless ways that you can volunteer your time with Trinity. We will definitely be able to find something that will fit around you! For an informal chat about volunteering, feel free to call us.
Every other month we host a ‘new volunteers sessions’ for potential volunteers to see the work of Trinity first-hand, and discuss with members of the management team if there is a suitable voluntary position available. If you would like to attend one of these meetings, please contact us and somebody from the office will get back to you.
For upcoming Volunteer Events, click here.
Christmas is a great time to give something back to your local community. Take a look at the different ways to get involved this holiday season below. For more information, or to register your interest, please email Lucy or call on 01962 828636.
- Christmas Market – Winchester Cathedral – Friday 15th December, 09:30 – 12:00
- Help to sell our home made treats made by Trinity Art and Cookery Groups.
- Round Table Santa Sleigh – Around Badger Farm – Thursday 21st December, 18:00 – 20:30
- Santa is travelling around Winchester visiting all of the families! Accompany the sleigh around local houses, collecting donations and giving out sweeties. A truly festive celebration that brings the community together.
- Bank Holiday Cover
- Help our staff to provide cooked breakfasts for rough sleepers over the bank holidays. Two volunteers needed between 9 – 11am on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. (You must have attended a New Volunteer’s Session to help at the centre itself)
If you have time to spare during the day, and are able to commit to volunteering with us, we would love to hear from you. From Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 4.00pm, volunteers can:
- Help in the kitchen, cooking or serving
- Clean or tidy up
- Sort client mail
- Help with learning activities
- Sort through donated items
We also need volunteers to help on Saturday mornings from 9.00am to 11am. This involves making and serving a cooked breakfast, talking with rough sleepers, and cleaning up the main hall. In all of these volunteering opportunities, you would be supervised by a Project Worker at all times.
If you can capture an audience or just want to gain some experience and confidence in public-speaking by assisting in a presentation then this could be right up your street! We’d love you to give a presentation to your local church, school or Rotary Club on our behalf to help raise the profile of Trinity Winchester.
This role is also about being available to go to events in our honour, being a representative of the charity and answering questions about the work of Trinity. This could be anywhere from a coffee shop fundraiser, to shopping centre entrance or talking in front of a group.
If you’d prefer to work in an office environment, then we have tasks to suit all tastes! Depending on your skills and time commitment, you could help with mail-shots, data-inputting, calling/mailing to thank donors, designing posters, formatting spreadsheets, updating the database… the list really is endless! One thing is for sure though – you may be inside, but there is never a dull moment. You tell us what you want to do and how much time you have and we fit around you – not the other way around.
It is not always possible to commit to volunteering regularly. If you would like to hear about one off volunteering opportunities such as collecting donations or helping at events, please sign up to our mailing list. This way, any volunteer needs will be sent straight to your inbox as and when we need your help.