We’re always on the look-out for talented, committed people to join our team at Trinity. We can offer rewarding roles, the chance to make a difference, and a promise that no two days will be the same!
Current available jobs
Job description: Cook and Kitchen Coordinator
Place of Work: Trinity Winchester
Hours: Part Time 20 Per Week (Mon-Fri)
Accountable To: Operations Director
Trinity is seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic cook to join our team, cooking a nutritious and delicious meal, managing the food donations that come in and managing the kitchen which is at the the heart of our service.
The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day co-ordination of the kitchen, food preparation, hygiene and cleanliness of the working area during food preparation, monitoring of food supplies etc as guided by the Operations Manager.
- Work in accordance with Safer Food, Better Business
- Prepare nutritious weekly menus always ensuring there is a vegetarian option and a pudding available
- Monitor food supplies and construct a weekly shopping-list of food supplies needed for the following week, working within a set budget
- Oversee volunteers in the kitchen (i.e. NVQ students) ensuring appropriate clothing and hygiene procedures are adhered to. This will include regular Corporate days with local businesses coming in and preparing lunch, it is vital that we build positive relationships with these people.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean after lunch, usually with the help of volunteers
- Attend appropriate courses required for the post, ensure hygiene and cleanliness of food preparation areas and to work within food hygiene regulations.
- Support service user volunteers as part of the learning programme.
- Use appropriate equipment for jobs within the kitchen
- Inform the Operations Director as soon as possible of anything needing attention within the kitchen, i.e. faulty equipment, improvements that can be made to systems already in place etc. Further ideas may be discussed during supervision sessions
- Attend/chair regular kitchen meetings with appropriate people
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required
- Adhere to the policies of The Centre, especially in respect to Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety, Confidentiality and Child Protection.
- To undertake any other duties relevant to the running of the centre.
Application deadline 31/08/23
To apply please send your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org