The Big Sleep Out
The number of people who are homeless is on the rise, not just in terms of people sleeping on the streets, but the ‘hidden homeless’, staying in hostels, sofa surfing or in unsuitable, temporary accommodation.
Trinity is working hard to support around 639 individuals a year through our direct access drop-in day centre and fundraising events such as the Big Sleep Out are an important part of raising both funds and awareness for Trinity’s work and you can help too by joining in with our biggest fundraiser of the year.
In 2019, you helped us raise an incredible £42,000 to support our services and during the pandemic, you’ve helped raise over £24,000 by taking on our Big Sleep Out in your own homes.
The Big Sleep Out will be on Friday 13 May 2022 virtually.
Join us on Friday 13th May for Trinity’s Big Sleep Out, an eye-opening night spent sleeping in the grounds of the Winchester Cathedral.
- Local music, entertainment, shelter building, plus more!!
- Delicious food and snacks
- Raise money and awareness to reduce homelessness
From 10pm there will be nothing. No lights, music, and nowhere to go. Will you be able to get some sleep?
We ask participants to raise a minimum of £100 in sponsorship for Trinity’s work with the homeless and most vulnerable. Anyone who raises £150 or more will receive a free Big Sleep Out t-shirt.
Every penny that you raise in sponsorship will go back into Trinity’s services, offering long-term, positive change.
This is not an experience of being homeless, as we will all be taking part in our own homes or gardens, but it is a fun way to raise funds and awareness.
Venue: Winchester Cathedral Close, Winchester, SO23 9LS
Time: 18:00 Friday 13th May – 07:00 Saturday 14th May
Cost: £12 to sleep out / £55 for groups
Fundraising: £100 sponsorship target
- There will be access to toilets on site throughout the night
- Children above the age of 7 are welcome, but under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Access to the grounds will only be for event participants between 10pm – 7am.
- By signing up to take part in this event, you understand that Trinity, it’s employees and volunteers cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability. You accept that any photos taken during the event may be used for promotional purposes unless you request otherwise. This is a fundraising event and by registering to take part, we ask people to aim to raise £100 in sponsorship.