The Big Sleep Out
17th May 2019
Over 200 participants
£37,898 raised in 2018
Join us on Friday 17th May 2019
The number of people who are homeless is on the rise, not just in terms of people sleeping on the streets, but the ‘hidden homeless’, staying in hostels, sofa surfing or in unsuitable, temporary accommodation.
The current estimate of homeless people in England is around 320,000, according to charity Shelter.
Trinity is working hard to support around 600 individuals a year through our direct access drop in day centre and fundraising events such as the Sleep Out are an important part of raising both funds and awareness for Trinity’s work and you can help too by joining in with our biggest fundraiser of the year
Join us on 17th May 2019 for the Big Sleep Out, an eye opening night spent sleeping in the grounds of the Winchester Cathedral.
Enjoy an evening of acoustic entertainment, build yourself a cardboard shelter to sleep in, and raise money and awareness to reduce homelessness. And then from 10pm there will be nothing.
No lights, music, and nowhere to go. Will you be able to get some sleep?
Every penny that you raise in sponsorship will go back into Trinity’s services, offering long-term, positive change.
How To Get Involved
- Register as an individual or as a team here
- Receive your event pack via e-mail or download it from this page
- Collect a minimum of £100 in Sponsorship (Every penny goes back into Trinity’s work)
- If you are unable to sleep out, please join us between 7pm -10pm for entertainment, and to support our sleepers.
- Come down on the night ready for the challenge!
- During the evening we will enjoy live local music and entertainment, speeches and activities for children (and the young at heart!)
- Enjoy delicious food and snacks from: Rapid Relief, FirstBites, Piecaramba, Bunnymans Bunnychow and the Old Fashioned Sweetie Shop
- Use the cardboard provided to build a structure to keep yourself safe, warm and sheltered.
- Magician, smoothie bike, shelter building competition, plus more!
- Lights out from 10pm – no noise, just you and the attempt to get some sleep.
- Enjoy some breakfast with us before heading home to wash, sleep and get warm – which isn’t an option for the thousands who have to sleep rough every night
The Big Sleep Out is not intended to be an experience of rough sleeping, or being homeless. For Trinity, this is an interesting way to raise money, and raise awareness of our work.
Recommended age 7+. All under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult.
Could run one session of Job Club, providing 1:1 supporting to help people back into employment
Could allow access for one woman to Trinity Women’s Service for a whole year
Could provide six sessions of counselling for somebody with addiction and / or mental health issues
Could provide an entire year of support for somebody accessing Trinity’s services
With thanks to our supporters