Why Sleep Out?
The number of people who are homeless is on the rise, not just in terms of people sleeping on the streets, but the ‘hidden homeless’, staying in hostels, sofa surfing or in unsuitable, temporary accommodation. The current estimate of homeless people in England is over 300,000, according to charity Shelter.
Trinity Winchester exists to support people out of this situation, and you can help too!
When and Where?
- Friday 11th May 2018, 19:00
- Wolvesey, the Bishop of Winchester’s Grounds
- £12 to sleep out, £55 for teams of 6+
- Fundraising Target £100 per person
- During the evening we will enjoy live acoustic music, speeches and activities for children (and the young at heart!)
- Use the cardboard provided to build a structure to keep yourself safe, warm and sheltered.
- Lights out from 10pm – no noise, just you and the attempt to get some sleep.
- Enjoy some breakfast with us before heading home to wash, sleep and get warm – which isn’t an option for the thousands who have to sleep rough every night.
How Can I Get Involved?
The Big Sleep Out is not intended to be an experience of rough sleeping, or being homeless. For Trinity, this is an interesting way to raise money, and raise awareness of our work.
Recommended age 7+. All under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult.
Why should I raise money for Trinity?
Could provide five hot meals for somebody sleeping rough
Could run one session of Job Club, providing 1:1 supporting to help people back into employment
Could allow access for one woman to Trinity Women’s Service for a whole year
Could provide six sessions of counselling for somebody with addiction and / or mental health issues
Could provide an entire year of support for somebody accessing Trinity’s services
With thanks to our supporters
We would like to thank the Bishop of Winchester, the Rt Rev Tim Dakin, and his team for offering the use of their grounds for this event.
Winchester GP are kindly providing medical cover for the night. If you start to feel at all ill at the event, their team will be on hand.
Greenhouse Graphics very generously printed all publicity materials free of charge.
Thanks to our headline sponsor, Rathbones Investment Management, without whom the event would not be able to happen.